Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I <3 Teese

Thanks to Leigh at Cosmos Vegan Shoppe for saving me the VERY LAST pound of Teese in their stock (don't worry, she said there will be more in by the end of the week for your fix). Thanks Leigh!!!!

I just love living in the same city as this rad store. I'm always so happy when we go there and I always find something new to try. Along with the Teese (which came in a very phallic shape that makes for plenty of jokes at home), I picked up their new tote bag (so cute and roomy!), a copy of The Damn Tasty Vegan baking guide, multivitamins, tartex (we love it on water crackers), a dark chocolate bar w/ raspberry filling (I can't recall the brand, but it was for Mondo) and a Sweet & Sara's s'more (for me).

I did some gardening when we got home (which resulted in an eye injury, haha). I was a little beat after that and had about 75% of my vision, so I got started on dinner a little later than usual. We had planned to start simple with the teese, to get a good taste of the flavor before going crazy and using it on everything. We had bought some tasty lookin' sourdough bread earlier in the week and decided on Grilled Teese on Sourdough sandwiches. YUMM.

The Teese isn't so great on it's own...meh...but melted in between two slices of sourdough breaded slathered with EB... phenomenal. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. As you probably already know from 50 million other blogs, it melts very well. It was so nice biting into the crispy, buttery sourdough and creamy teese. Oh yum yum yum, I can't wait to try it on pizza and use it in dishes that call for a vegan cheese.

I knew that we couldn't take a grilled sandwich to work for lunch, so I also made the lentil soup from YRR. I love to make soups (and cannot wait to try the Curry Eggplant Soup from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen) and lentil is one of my favorites because it's SO EASY and tastes great. I didn't get a photo of it, certains soups don't photograph well and this is one of them.

I did, however, get some photos of a fantastic pasta I made for dinner this evening. It was very simple and came out just right. The only thing that could have made it better would be the addition of some fresh diced tomatoes, mmmm.

Everything came together so easy; it was just Orecchiette pasta, sauteed garlic w/ cannellini beans and spinach pesto (I never add salt or lemon juice: spinach, walnuts, garlic, nooch and olive oil). I did add some small chunks of teese to it, to make it creamy. Mondo gave it the thumbs up between 'mmmm's'. We don't eat pasta that often (like once a month if that), so I don't feel too guilty that this is pretty high in fat. The taste made it so worth it!

Is anyone else going to Sevenanda this weekend, for the ORGANICA! '08:Spring Harvest Market? We're going to be there, while trying to see what Criminal Records has on sale for Record Store Day.

I love spring; always something to do!

9 comments:

Leigh said...

I'll see you guys at Sev's market on Saturday! I'm working a Cosmo's table, hopefully next to Idalys & Howell.

Vegan Invasion! (Ashley Nicole) said...

YAY!! I'm going to keep my fingers extra double crossed that it doesn't rain Saturday then!!

Celine said...

hooray for Teese and Damn Tasty Vegan goodness!! if you were stranded on an island with only one thing to eat and another one to read, wouldn't these two be the one things you'd choose? ha!

Leigh said...

Thanks for stopping by the table today!
I have to say that the blurb at the top of your blog template makes me want to rent "They Live" specifically for that stupidly long fight scene.

Liz² said...

you got teese, you got teese! I don't think I'd even seen what it looks like in the wrapper yet. I am sooo jealous, especially of that sourdough sandwich, wow!

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

That pasta looks amazing! Wow. And you are SO LUCKY for getting Teese! They don't sell that in my area yet, but I am (un)patiently waiting for it to make its invasion.

pleasantly plump vegan said...

DANG, we missed a lot this weekend!!! bummerface.
i so wanted to buy some Teese today but realized it was Monday and Cosmo's was closed. i'm gonna make a ton of pizza when i finally get my hands on some. maybe a few grilled Teese sandwiches too.
oh, and Damn Tasty is one of favorites and i'm so glad you got yr hands on a copy.

Veggie said...

I wish I could try Teese!

River said...

Just found your blog :) - which makes me so happy! I'll be back soon - and I shall be looking for that Teese in the meantime! Hugs.