Saturday, May 3, 2008

Flying Saucer Attack!

Wooooo, what a week!! We've been going non-stop this past week and things are only getting busier with the addition of 2 dachshund/chihuahua (chiweenie?) puppies we're fostering for a few weeks. Their names are Cora & Penelope; I'll make sure to take some cute pictures of them to post soon!

Thursday was a frustrating day, so I felt like making lots of food that night to take my mind off things. I decided to make pad thai because it's so easy and there is always enough left for lunch the next day. I subbed oyster mushrooms (mmm) for tofu and kept everything else the same. It was sooo tasty; Mondo tried to go back for seconds, but I had already packed everything up for lunch!


Saturday was the final day for a furniture exhibit at MoDA (Museum of Design Atlanta) that we've been wanting to go to for awhile. We finally made it down there and although it was very small, it was pretty cool!


We were STARVING afterwards and headed over to Ali Baba's for some yummy mediterranean food. We both had the same thing (Mondo copied me), falafel wrap and a side of dolmas. SO good. So so good. We sat out on their covered side patio and enjoyed our meal while watching the rain fall.


I have developed a serious sweet tooth since meeting Mondo. He is a sugar addict. We have been trying to cut back a lot, but sometimes we just go overboard. Case in point: Mixed Berry Chocolate Chip Blondies. SO. GOOD. I had never made the Raspberry Chocolate Chip Blondies from Vegan with a Vengeance before and decided that I had to try them. I only had a bag of mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries) in the freezer, so I used that. Amazing. I made them Saturday afternoon, and embarrassingly, we polished them off by Sunday night. I've sworn off sweets for the week but am already thinking about what baked goodies I want to make this weekend!



Not to mention the fantastic strawberry muffcakes (part muffin, part cupcake) I made early last week (pictured at the top). They had such a yummy strawberry flavor with a delicious creamy icing. It totally hit the spot.

I've got some pretty healthy coconut apricot date balls on the menu this week. I'm really excited to finally make them myself, instead of paying an arm and a leg to buy them at the store!

14 comments:

jRoq said...

Damn, all that food looks awesome. We have been looking for a new falafel place, we will have to try Ali Baba.

Lori told me you were looking for a bike. If you are still looking and want to check out Sopo this weekend, hit me up.

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Wow, lots of great food! Your chiweenie pups will keep you even busier. Look forward to seeing their photos.

Mihl said...

I love both falafel wraps and dolmas!
As you might now from my blog I have a serious sweet tooth issue too and I am drooling over your pictures!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

haha that flying saucer cupcake goes perfectly with your blog theme. And oh my gosh, I want to see pics of the puppies, as that sounds like the most adorable mix EVER!

Jes said...

How did the no-sweets-week go? Sounds difficult!

pleasantly plump vegan said...

mmmm, blondies!

Pink Theory said...

hey! thanks for checking out my blog. I see you are a fellow ATL vegan blogger! The pad thai looks great..that is definitely a great go-to dish.

Vegan Invasion! (Ashley Nicole) said...

jes - the no sweets week didn't go well, I ended up making espresso chocolate chip brownies Friday night :-(

pink theory - hi! I wish I would've known about your blog when I put together my potluck in April! I'm trying to organize another one for June, so I'll keep you posted :-)

Vegan_Noodle said...

Wow, those blondies look awesome!! I think the mixed berries would be perfect. My sweet tooth is tough to control as well...

Happy Herbivore! said...

i want the UFO :P

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Adorable muffcake! hehe.
I love chiweenies, how cool!
Also, I LOVE furniture exhibits. I have 4 Saarinen tulip chairs in my living room with a matching table.

We have a serious sweets problem around here as well. Last nice we shared a pint of ice cream, so I vowed no sweets until this weekend when we attend brunch. Well, I just made a pie! oops.

Anonymous said...

Alex: Many gamers have a problem getting "friend zoned" with girls
they like. Saturday 'Holly Madison hosts; DJ's Fabian, Big Dee; Top 40, hip-hop, 80's. 5's Mia
Amore hosts; free champagne until midnight for ladies.

my web site The Tao of Badass

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how fast you will see results because it depends on how much you want to get rid of acne. In order to reassure yourself that your moles are safe from cancer, you would have to reinforces your observation by a doctor's
diagnosis. The essence of natural mole removal is the use
of herb and folk remedies.

Feel free to surf to my web site ... How to remove skin tags

Anonymous said...

Any color will do for fair skinned while light shades of purple and pink
goes with dark skinned women. In fact, You will begin to enjoy socializing with others.
When you understand correct sociable expertise, this can be advantageous in lots of
ways.

My weblog: Http://howtoovercomeshynessnow.Com/