Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't..

I like cookies. A lot. I think I enjoy cookies more than any other kind of baked good out there. So I tend to make them more often than a lot of other things. I wanted to make a cookie out of things I needed to use up in my fridge (and sounded like a good combo in my head). I added chopped pecans, shredded coconut and dried cherries. I didn't know what to expect, but I knew they looked SO good coming out of the oven. I sat patiently, kept myself busy picking up why they cooled off and then finally couldn't take it and sunk my teeth into one. MMMM. So soft and full of flavor, something different each bite...a pecan here, a dried cherry there and an allover coconut flavor. Mondo liked them a lot, too...but he is still talking about the cookies I made last week (Chewy Chocolate Rasberry w/ pecans and dried cherries) and how awesome they were.

Earlier in the week I was really in the mood for roasted cauliflower and sauteed garlicky greens, so Mondo picked up some BBQ peach seitan from Whole Foods to add to the mix. I really love cauliflower and roasting it takes it to a whole other level. Just a little pepper, salt and olive oil and I'm a happy gal! I mixed purple kale and collard greens together along with some sauteed garlic, nooch, salt & pepper and vegetable broth. I'm trying to incorporate more veggies into our meals each night and this was a great beginning!


We're heading over to the one-year anniversary Cosmo's Vegan Shoppe is having this evening, where we will stuff ourselves with the delicious ice cream sundaes that'll be there!! A portion of the profits tonight are going to be donated to the Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary. Awesome store, ice cream sundaes, fun people and a great cause...it doesn't get much better than this!

2 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Cookies look good. And roasting cauliflower is definitely the best way to eat it!

Adagio Breezes said...

oooh I love cookies too! I don't live in ATL, but I sent the (nonveg) boyfriend down to Cosmo's for me since he's staying with his family in Roswell this summer. He said the store was pretty sweet. I'm so jealous! Now I need an excuse to go visit so I can find this place and drool over everything in there...